Read the Onward Scholars mission statement below. In a cohesive 500-750 word essay, please answer the questions below and upload your essay using the upload feature below.
The Onward Scholars Program promotes academic excellence, fosters an environment conducive to genuine peer support, exposes students to leadership opportunities that instill a love of service, and empowers goal-driven young men and women by providing resources that build skills for their path to higher education and lives of purpose.
How do your life goals align with the mission of Onward Scholars? Why are you a qualified candidate for the Onward Scholars program? Your response should include:
- What your aspirations are after graduating from Salesian High School and why
- Community service activities, volunteer work, and/or special projects you have been involved in and how those have impacted you
- A challenge you have faced and overcome in your life and how that experience shaped who you are today
Scholarship Essay Format
- Double Spaced
- Times New Roman Font
- 12 pt. Font
- One-inch top, bottom and side margins
- Include your First and Last Name, Current School and Date (Upper Right Hand Corner): EXAMPLE